Get a business insurance quote
State Farm can help you find the right business insurance coverage at a competitive price.
Why choose State Farm?
You’ve worked hard to build your business. Make sure it’s protected with customized insurance solutions from a trusted provider.
State Farm agents are business owners too. We understand the importance of developing a plan for continued financial security—and we’re here to help every step of the way.
Every business is unique. That’s why we offer a wide range of coverage options that can be customized to meet your needs, so you can choose the coverages that are right for your business.
State Farm has been protecting and supporting businesses since 1935. When stuff happens, we’re there for you around the clock. Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.®
Business insurance coverage options
Protect your business now and in the future with tailored coverage that meets your company’s ever-evolving needs. Your coverage options include:
- Business Owners Policy (BOP): A BOP is a customizable policy to meet the unique needs of your business. It bundles two essential coverages—general liability and property insurance—to protect your business from unexpected risks.
- Artisan and Service Contractors: Our contractors’ policies are built for professionals which include electricians, plumbers, interior decorators, and more. We value your craftsmanship and offer tailored property and liability coverage to meet your needs and protect your business.
- Commercial Auto: If your business owns, leases, or rents vehicles, our commercial auto policy can protect your business when there is an accident involving you or an employee. Coverage is available for many vehicle types which include cars, trucks, vans, pickups, farm vehicles, and more. We also offer coverage for an employee who is using their personal vehicle for your business.
- Workers’ Compensation: A workers' compensation policy protects your business against work-related injuries or illnesses. It may also pay for medical treatment, temporary and permanent disability, and death benefits. Requirements for workers’ comp vary by state.
- Commercial Liability Umbrella Policy (CLUP): CLUP insurance provides extra coverage in scenarios where a liability claim exceeds the limits of your existing policy. It also offers you the flexibility to up your liability protection over multiple policies at once.
- Farm & Ranch: We recognize the unique needs of farmers and ranchers. No matter the size of the operation, whether you own or rent, or raise crops or livestock, our policies may be tailored to help meet your unique insurance needs.
- Surety Bonds and Fidelity Bonds: You may be obligated to provide a bond as part of a business license or contract requirement. Being bonded may also help you attract new business. Potential clients might take comfort in knowing they will be protected by a Surety Bond and you can protect your business with a Fidelity Bond.
State Farm insurance agent
- Graduate from UW-Whitewater
- Member of the Platteville Optimist Club
- Member of the Platteville Chamber of Commerce
- Mutual Funds
Jordan and his team are knowledgeable and proactive professionals. They are interested in truly understanding your needs to provide the most appropriate products. We appreciate the personable service and relationship focus. You are not just a number with this group.
Great service from this agency especially Dan Merwin needed home owners insurance and was closing in less then a day and got everything changed and in time for closing. Thanks!
My name is Zach Nieland, and long story short, I've been going through a nightmare of an experience here in Platteville due to a failure of the heating system in my apartment building (going on 9+ days during mid February as of writing). I have renter's insurance, and while I was fairly aware the coverage I have wouldn't kick in with my current issue, I just wanted to throw a huge thank you to Dan Merwin who works at this particular State Farm location for trying to help me anyways. While I wasn't able to utilize my renter's insurance in a way that would help me in my current situation, Dan was great to talk to and discuss matters with in regards to everything that I've got going on. It's weird to rate an insurance agency over a matter in which I haven't actually be able to use my policy haha, but I still felt it was necessary to come here and leave 5 stars because Dan has been one of the few people throughout my entire ordeal so far who's actually tried to help me. I am sincerely appreciative for the talk I had with Dan, and even if my situation gets worse here in Platteville, I am glad that the people at this location were willing to listen to me and show their sympathy. Thank you to you Dan, as well as everyone else in the office.